Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A Day of Scanning and Restoring Old Photographs

Yesterday evening, I had hoped to be photographing my seven-year-old grandson’s first competitive football game.  Unfortunately, the south Florida weather had a different idea and did not cooperate! After a long delay the game was canceled due to thunder and lightening.  So, this morning, instead of processing those football images I decided to use the time to scan some old photographs that I recently received from a relative in France.  The photographs are of my father’s side of the family and were taken in the early 1900’s.  After scanning them I spent some time in Photoshop doing a little  photo restoration work. The photograph below was in good condition to begin with so was an easy one to restore!  I posted this image of my Dad, at three years of age,  because I think it bears a resemblance to my grandson when he was younger! 




1 comment:

  1. Wow! The restored picture is so much nicer!! It is as if you took away a room full of fog!!

    ReplyDelete