Friday, September 2, 2011

Creating a Photomontage in Photoshop


One of the many things I enjoy doing in Photoshop is blending photographic images together to create a digital montage.  Below is an example of one I made by blending four images together.  I placed each image on a separate layer in Photoshop and then played with the positioning of the images  and also the layer blending modes until I found a pleasing result. In this particular montage I used two different  photographs of interesting textures for the background, the image of the face and finally the butterfly image.  If this kind of art interests you I would suggest that you start photographing textures wherever you go!  I have a huge digital library of textures,  which includes walls, concretes, woods, metals, fabrics etc. The older and more distressed the surface the better!  Then I suggest you also photograph unusual objects or anything else that sparks your imagination that could be used in a montage!  Have fun and experiment!


1 comment:

  1. Love the butterfly image! Where can I get a poster copy of it?!

    ReplyDelete