Saturday, September 3, 2011

Having Fun with Pop Art in Photoshop


A lot of people have asked me "How do you create Pop Art Images in Photoshop?"  There are several different methods that I use to achieve this effect.  Ideally, it is best to first make a selection of your desired subject matter and then place that selection on it’s own layer, thereby removing any distracting background. Then create a white background layer beneath that subject selection and merge those two layers. Next, convert the image to Black & White and increase the contrast.  Then my preferred method is to  use the posterize adjustment layer and play with the sliders until I achieve the look I desire.  Finally, I use one of several methods to colorize the image. 

Below are some examples.

original image
final image



 original image obtained from the internet

final image



original image


posterized image with some additional adjustments made in Photoshop

colorized images

1 comment:

  1. The dog pics are so cool . . . I think Tanky and Bentley should have a similar set of photos done!

    ReplyDelete