Sunday, September 4, 2011

Portrait Retouching to the Extreme!

When clients ask me to photograph them I always offer them the choice of a natural or a retouched portrait. I believe that the fact that fashion magazines portray woman with flawless skin and not a wrinkle in sight has encouraged people to ask for similar retouching treatments for their own portraits.  So, I generally show proofs of both versions and find the re-touched images are by far the most popular.  And to be honest, if that makes them happy, it makes me happy too!  Why should models be the only ones to look like models!  They don’t look like that in real life either!  I like to use OnOne software plug-ins to supplement Photoshop re-touching techniques.  As "OnOne" states “Photographers use onOne plug-ins to speed up their photo editing workflow and give their photos the professional look with just a few clicks.”  I use PhotoTools 2.6 Professional Edition for portrait retouching. It gives you "over 300 professional-grade photographic effects, all wrapped up in an easy-to-use Photoshop plug-in.”
Below is an extreme re-touch! I used this as an example to demonstrate that even a five year old can be re-touched if you're looking for a special effect!!!
Here is a portrait with poor lighting

After extreme retouching!

Below is a link to OnOne Software
http://www.ononesoftware.com

1 comment: